Common hasn’t been on G.O.O.D. Music since 2011, and he finally spoke about it to Sway on MTV’s Rap Fix.
He is still involved with the Kanye West for compilations such as “Cruel Summer,” but when it comes to involvement with his latest album, “Nobody’s Smiling,” Kanye was absent.
The album was released under Def Jam and producer No I.D.‘s label ARTium Records, and the project was solely produced by No I.D. Common explains that it’s still all love between himself and Kanye, though.
“G.O.O.D. Music that’s still my family,” Common said. “‘Ye is my brother, so, point blank business wise, it wasn’t like ‘Ye was like, ‘Yo, let’s just do this album.”
“We’re friends, but if we ain’t really gonna create together, it’s all good. We’re still brothers,” he continued. “I just think his focus was somewhere else — marriage, life, babies — good places. I cherish our friendship more than the music.”
Here’s who else is no longer on G.O.O.D. Music:
- Sa Ra (2005-2007): The alternative rap trio was supposed to drop their debut album under G.O.O.D., but instead released it under Babygrande. Band member Om’Mas was later seen on MTV’s “Making His Band” in 2009.
- Really Doe (2004-2008): He was featured on Kanye’s song, “We Major.” He signed with Cartel Records after leaving G.O.O.D.
- GLC (2004-2010): He was featured on Kanye’s “Drive Slow” and “Spaceship.” He never released an album under the label. He’s been last seen recording songs with Kendrick Lamar, Bun B, among others.
- Tony Williams (2004-2010): The singer was featured singing gospel on Kanye’s “I’ll Fly Away.” In 2010, he released his very own single, “Everything About You.”
- Consequence (2004-2011): He was later seen on VH1’s “Love and Hip Hop New York.”
- Kid Cudi (2008-2013): “This is just from a business standpoint. There’s no beef. There’s no problems with anybody on the label. It’s all love,” he said.
this_permalink = “http://giantlife.com/category/celebrity/”; this_site = “http://giantlife.com”;View gallery
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook!
MORE LINKS ON THE URBAN DAILY