- Heather Mack, 19, taken to hospital from Kerobokan Prison in Bali
- Guards confirmed she started to have contractions and was rushed out
- It’s believed the baby will be delivered by cesarean and named Stella
- She has previously vowed to bring the baby up in her cramped prison cell
- Mack and her boyfriend are accused of murdering her mother
The US teenager accused in the ‘body in the suitcase’ murder in Bali has been rushed to hospital and is believed to be delivering her baby by cesarean operation, it can be revealed.
Heather Mack, 19, was taken to hospital from Kerobokan Prison when she started to have contractions, guards confirmed, and it was expected the baby daughter she intends to name Stella would be delivered within a few hours.
A person close to the case told MailOnline: ‘Heather is in hospital and will be having her baby by caesarian. By the morning here in Bali she will be a mother.’
Break down: Heather Mack, from Chicago, weeps in a courtroom as she witnesses her trial in Bali, Indonesia on Thursday, March 12. Mack, 19, charged with premeditated murder in the death of her mother
The pair (pictured together in a cell), from Chicago, Illinois, are being tried separately by the Denpasar District Court
Heather Mack (left) and her boyfriend Tommy Schaefer, from Chicago, Illinois, sit in a cell before a trial in Bali
Trial: According to the indictment, Schaefer battered von Wiese-Mack with the metal bowl following an argument over the hotel bill
Mack is having the baby in the Wings Amerta building of the Sanglah Hospital.
Mack had earlier told friends who have been supporting her during jail visits that she was expecting her baby in April.